You’ve decided to build a fence on your property. Maybe you got a new dog, or you want your kids to be able to play and run around safely outside. Maybe you need to enclose your new swimming pool, or perhaps you just want to keep your family safe while you’re all staying home and hanging outside more due to Covid. In any case, you’re probably wondering how to build your new fence.
How to Build Your New Fence
The first thing to do is decide the following: do you want to build your new fence yourself, work with a handyman, or partner with a fence installation company? There are challenges and advantages to all of these options.
- Preparation. Before you even begin your fence installation project, there are steps you need to take: determine how quickly you want your fence installed, decide what type of fence you’d like (wood, vinyl, aluminum, etc.), locate your utility lines, obtain a permit, obtain HOA approval (if necessary), verify zoning, height restriction and any setback regulations, check for easements, and obtain a survey. Your yard may require grading or stump or boulder removal. Decide if you and/or you and a friend or handyman can tackle all of these items.
- Financing. Building a new fence can be a large financial investment. You may have saved money to build your fence, or perhaps you need assistance with coming up with funds to pay for your fence. Did you know that companies offer fence financing and can even recommend preferred lenders? This may be a better option for you. Determine if a deposit is required and make sure you are comfortable with making monthly payments if you decide to get financing.
- Review Handyman’s Experience. You and your handyman may be able to install a basic fence, but you may be better served working with a professional, dedicated regional fence company skilled in the entire process from beginning to end, with years of experience and expertise in tackling the extreme weather challenges in your geographic area.
- Warranty. Find a company that offers a warranty on both workmanship and materials. Choose a company that offers help with repairs and maintenance. They should be licensed, insured and bonded, and they should repair any potential damage to your yard or property.
Once you start to think about the multitude of steps to take and the magnitude of the challenges you’ll encounter no matter what option you take, you may decide to partner with a reputable fence installation company to get your finance installed quickly and properly.
Which Fence Company Should You Hire?
Consider enlisting the help of your local fence installation company, Superior Fence & Rail. We have years of experience and expertise to handle any installation challenge. We install over two million feet of fence each year at 18 physical locations across six states, have tremendous buying power, and are the largest, most trusted fence installation company in the U.S. Ask about our first-class service, our fence financing and our incredible 5-Star ratings, the highest in the country. Visit us today at www.superiorfenceandrail.com to get started!
Great Fences Make Great Neighbors!
- Best Quality Fences
- Highest Customer Satisfaction Rating
- Fence Financing Options
- Licensed, Bonded & Insured
Your Superior Fence and Rail service team is standing by! Get a fence installation quote today!